Do you know the characteristics of aligned teeth? Aligned teeth are a divine blessing that brings you many benefits throughout your life. People with beautiful and aligned teeth always have a pleasant smile and are less exposed to oral and dental diseases and abnormalities.
Let’s learn more about the characteristics of aligned teeth
Here are some features of regular teeth:
- Aligned teeth have a symmetrical midline.
- Aligned teeth are usually observed in people with standard jaws, not those with small or large jaws. Both the jaws and teeth are in a normal position.
- Aligned teeth are not crowded or crooked.
- Many orthodontists consider the appropriate distance between teeth as the most prominent characteristic of aligned teeth so that dental floss can pass only through the teeth. A set of aligned teeth lacks missing teeth or diastemata.
- Individuals with aligned teeth can easily observe the proper and timely growth of their teeth. In other words, none of the teeth are in an abnormal position.
- The lack of tooth decay, tooth fracture, and dental chip are other characteristics of aligned teeth. An individual with one of the above dental conditions needs to restore them to have aligned teeth.
Oral hygiene a prerequisite for having aligned teeth
It is effortless to maintain good oral hygiene for people with aligned teeth; one can easily clean all dental surfaces and remove all plaques, brush, and floss teeth without damaging gums without needing to spend a lot of time cleaning teeth. Therefore, an experienced and skilled orthodontist does his/her best to adjust the gap between teeth to increase teeth’ beauty and properly clean mouth and teeth.
Orthodontics the best way to have aligned teeth
Orthodontic treatments are among the best methods that help people with malocclusions or maxillofacial abnormalities to have aligned teeth. An orthodontist employs orthodontic appliances to align and level teeth and bring the client an attractive and unique smile design. It is noteworthy that orthodontic treatments used for dental alignment are irreversible without any complication. Orthodontic treatments bring teeth closer to appear natural and aligned.
Regular visits to a dentist help you have healthy and aligned teeth
Periodic and exact dental checkups help oral and periodontal health. One should regularly visit a dentist every six months to ensure his/her teeth’ health and well-being. In addition to routine dental checkups for ensuring oral health and diagnosing tooth decay, the orthodontist will check the gums to diagnose any possible malocclusion or abnormality and performs more specialized examinations to prevent any oral health problem.
Most orthodontists carefully examine the oral cavity to detect dental plaques because soft dental plaques gradually harden and turn into tartar, irritate the gums, and finally cause periodontal disease if they are not effectively removed from the tooth surface. Consequently, tooth decay and discoloration can affect the beauty of aligned teeth. Regularly visit an orthodontist to enjoy beautiful and healthy aligned teeth.
What are the characteristics of aligned teeth? FAQ
1-When can we fully observe or detect crowded teeth?
Crowded teeth can be fully identified at the age of 12 years old. Therefore, such individuals are recommended to begin orthodontic treatments before this age.
2-Is there any relationship between crowded teeth and maxillomandibular abnormalities?
Some patients may only have crowded teeth, while others may only suffer from maxillomandibular abnormalities. However, there are cases where one suffers from both malocclusions and maxillomandibular abnormalities.
3-What are the characteristics of aligned teeth?
Teeth beauty and alignment can be influenced by dental symmetry, structure, shape, color, and arrangement. For example, dental overjets or underbites can negatively affect the beauty and alignment of teeth.